Traditional vs. Contemporary
Funerals serve an important purpose: they allow us to recognize a life that was lived and acknowledge that the life has come to an end. Funerals give us a chance to celebrate that life.
We encourage families to personalize funeral services. We know that every family we serve is unique, and we strive to make each service a personal tribute to the life that has been lived. We provide a wide variety of choices that will help fulfill a family's wishes, from a traditional funeral to a personalized service that celebrates a loved one's hobbies and interests.
The following are ideas that you may use to personalize a service:
- Photographic collages
- Displays of personal memorabilia, such as awards, trophies, or favorite pastime items, such as garden tools
- The writing of personal notes by family and friends during the service
- Service folders & registry books that reflect personal style and interests
- Music selections from our extensive library
- Live musicians
- Special customs particular to different faiths, ethnic groups, and fraternal organizations
- Displays of uniforms and equipment for government employees
- Depending on a person's hobby, one could have, as an example, motorcycles in the procession for a motorcycle enthusiast or have a cowboy's horse lead the procession for a cowboy
Our funeral directors are committed to helping you create a special tribute to your loved one that will honor a life well-lived. We encourage you to share your ideas, customs and wishes with us.